The ICCBH Bone School is a 3-day residential international educational course giving the opportunity for participants to learn about and discuss mechanisms, clinical diagnosis and treatment of paediatric bone health and rare bone diseases. The first course was due to take place in June 2020 but due to the Covid19 pandemic has been rescheduled to 29 June – 1 July 2022 in Dublin, Ireland, immediately preceding the ICCBH Conference 2-5 July. From then Bone School will continue in different locations every two years.
On completion of this educational course participants will:
- Understand the pathophysiological mechanisms underlying bone fragility and mineralization disorders
- Understand how rare bone and muscle disorders affect the skeleton and growth
- Understand bone ultrastructure and bone imaging and how chronic diseases affect bone muscle and bone
- Be able to differentiate between mineralization and fragility disorders
- Understand the diagnostic and therapeutic options for the management of paediatric bone disorders